Friday, November 25, 2011
Single-Sheet Book
For this project we were to create a book from a single sheet of paper, printed on a single side on the School's Heidelberg offset press, using only one color of ink. Additionally, the content was to be generated by text and imagery drawn at random from the submissions of fellow students. I used most of the text I drew verbatim as the first sentence of the book, and built a story from there. The pictures I ended up with included silhouettes and masks, which are reflected in both the imagery and the story in the final product. I enjoyed the challenge of working within these constraints, and trying to create gradations of tone from a single color of ink by using patterns and screens. My goal was to create a book in which text and image were integrated such that the story couldn't be understood from the text alone or the imagery alone. The structure is an accordion fold with spine (4" x 6" x 1/4").
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment