The circular forms at the top of this piece were created with light and dark sand trapped between double-couched thin sheets of abaca and flax. I blocked out part of the mould for one of the layers to create the circle at the bottom edge of the sheet. A peek at my process:
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Hand Papermaking Portfolio
After moving from Pittsburgh to San Antonio I got right to work in the Picante Paper Studio at The Southwest School of Art to produce my contribution for Hand Papermaking Magazine's eleventh annual portfolio. The theme this year is "negative space" - very well-aligned with my interests and much of my recent work. I am honored to be included in the group with some of the papermaking community's luminaries, and can't wait to receive works of art by all twenty-two artists. Details of the limited-edition series, a list of participants, and (eventually) images of all of the works can be found here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment