I moved from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh at the end of July and have been putting most of my energy into applying for residencies, grants, and jobs during the past month. My studio will unfortunately remain mainly in boxes for a while. I do have a little space set up to work here, and a few small painting and design commissions to work on.
Having left all of the resources of UArts behind, I am very fortunate and excited that I received a Project Assistance Grant from the College Book Art Association to purchase my very own mould and deckle. It is being made by Lee Scott McDonald and will be a 12" x 18" mahogany beauty. I can't wait to make paper with it, but it'll be at least a month before it's ready. In the meantime I'm working hard on finding a paper studio to call home!
I'll be teaching a few papermaking workshops this fall at The Society for Contemporary Craft. Feel free to pass it on or repost (click to enlarge):

No comments:
Post a Comment