Penland is wonderful. I know, everyone says it, and I hate to just jump on board and build the hype, but it really is true and the reputation is well-earned. I have spent the past two weeks here on scholarship, serving as a studio assistant for a class taught by Macy Chadwick. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to come back to spend time in Penland's fabulous new print facility, and even more stoked that I would be working with an artist that I have admired for years. Truly the highlight of my summer to be in such a special and beautiful place with so much amazing art being made in all of the different studios. The photos below are of the letterpress studio and the view of the mountains from the studio.
Our class was
called The Layered Letterpress Book - the photos below show the collaborative
book we made the first week. The students were really productive and
hard-working (several all-night print marathons took place!), which kept me
busy tweaking the presses and trouble-shooting at all hours. Hard work, but
wonderful people; I can’t wait to come back. Next time: papermaking!
No comments:
Post a Comment