Melissa demonstrated several different techniques with unbeaten kozo and high shrinkage abaca, as well as the use of fabric dyes for creating the rich, intense colors I love. I was really taken with the possibilities of wet-casting onto stuffed armatures and ended up focusing on creating a population of fungi-inspired “spores” (above). Melissa was great fun to work with; below she is demonstrating how my sculpture could also be a performance piece. Check out Melissa's "BLAHG" for more photos of Arrowmont and other students’ work.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Papermaking at Arrowmont
Melissa demonstrated several different techniques with unbeaten kozo and high shrinkage abaca, as well as the use of fabric dyes for creating the rich, intense colors I love. I was really taken with the possibilities of wet-casting onto stuffed armatures and ended up focusing on creating a population of fungi-inspired “spores” (above). Melissa was great fun to work with; below she is demonstrating how my sculpture could also be a performance piece. Check out Melissa's "BLAHG" for more photos of Arrowmont and other students’ work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment