Below is a short video of the behemoth press that I am gradually learning to operate, under the patient guidance of Amanda D’Amico. It is a KORS Heidelberg offset press - quite a complex machine compared to the Vandercooks I’m used to working with. I just love watching it run; there’s something soothing about the rhythmic sounds it makes. Here it is in action (with apologies for the poor quality - I was using my phone):
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Assistantships
I was offered two great jobs in the printmaking department when I started graduate school at UArts last fall. One is a teaching assistant position for papermaking courses, and the other is a sort of "printer’s apprentice" position in the Borowsky Center for Publication Arts. Whenever school starts to feel overwhelming I remind myself how lucky I am to have these opportunities.
Below is a short video of the behemoth press that I am gradually learning to operate, under the patient guidance of Amanda D’Amico. It is a KORS Heidelberg offset press - quite a complex machine compared to the Vandercooks I’m used to working with. I just love watching it run; there’s something soothing about the rhythmic sounds it makes. Here it is in action (with apologies for the poor quality - I was using my phone):
Below is a short video of the behemoth press that I am gradually learning to operate, under the patient guidance of Amanda D’Amico. It is a KORS Heidelberg offset press - quite a complex machine compared to the Vandercooks I’m used to working with. I just love watching it run; there’s something soothing about the rhythmic sounds it makes. Here it is in action (with apologies for the poor quality - I was using my phone):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment