Monday, July 20, 2009

Studio rental at Toast Letterpress

Earlier this year I got in touch with the talented ladies at Toast Letterpress to see about renting some time in their studio, and they have been so accommodating! I love working in their space and seeing what they're up to. They don't use metal type, just photopolymer. Their designs are really creative and their studio is organized and well-equipped. I'm compelled to mention that they have the most awesome paper-cutter I've ever seen. It's about the size of a mini-van - I'll try to remember to get a photo of it the next time I'm there. Here's what I've been printing on their Vandercook over the past 6 months:



This is a custom stationery set with topographical maps of the client's home area in Eagle County, Colorado. A fun project to design - a more subtle way to personalize stationery than the typical "branding" with initials or names.
Plus I just love maps.



Custom anniversary party invitation




Custom birth announcement

No comments: